Sunday, August 15, 2010

Demaaanda!

She's incognito!


I guess I should explain who Demanda is. Really, I'm not sure how to sum her up in one little teeny weeny blog because after seventeen years of friendship how can I do that without leaving off some bits of awesomeness? Sure, she's all things a good friend is; loyal, sweet, honest, funny as all hell, but she's also so much more than that.

To say that we laugh a lot when we are together is putting it mildly. We will have a fifteen minute convo based on nothing except words that we made up and we feel genuinely bad any time we hang out with someone new who doesn't "get us" because they just stare off in to space thinking "who the F are these crazy bitches?!?!" You might think I'm kidding but my mom called me the other day and this is how our convo started:

Mom- "Hey...why do you and Demanda even write on facebook? You guys talk in this weird code and I'm pretty sure no one even has a clue what you're talking about. What's the point?"

Jaymes- "So? I don't write on there so everyone can get it. Besides, it's funny."

Mom- "Only to you and her!"

Jaymes- "But who else matters??"

Mom- "You guys are so weird."

I changed the subject after that because she knew I was going to win that argument. Demanda and I are awesome. End of story.

Demanda is older than I am by 4 months and a whole hell of a lot more gullible. The first time I realized this was when we had just graduated high school. We took a trip to the city we now live in to visit the college and I told her a fake fun fact about the Denny's restaurant. Without question she believed me and within five minutes, she had passed on the same fun fact to another friend. After discovering this little gem about Demanda's personality, I randomly throw out fun facts/random bits of info just to see if she'll believe me...which 9 out of 10 times, she does (and I'm a horrible liar).



NO idea why this picture came up when I googled "gullible" but it's alright with me because I too love peanut butter!

Another thing about Demanda is that she is a riot when she drinks. It doesn't take much to get her drunk (hint, hint) and once she has a buzz going on, she turns into the energizer bunny of talking/singing/dancing. She's rarely ever quiet or mellow when she's been hittin the bottle... if she is, it's probably because someone roofied her (which has happened...at a party on top of a tattoo shop our first week in college but that's another blurry story). We are very much opposites in the fact that when I've been drinking people think I'm sober. When she's sober, people think she's been drinking. I guess that we balance each other out quite well.

Currently Demanda is obsessed with all things Twilight. Even after years of trying to get her to read the books, she hopped on the train a little later than most. But she's doing one hell of a job catching up! She and I went to Twilight and New Moon when they came out in theaters but she wasn't that impressed. She didn't really see the whole obsession, especially with BertPatz. At least once a month I would try desperately to get her to read the books so she could understand what everyone on Earth was crapping their pants about. Finally when Eclipse came out, she was all about Twilight like it was some new awesome drug that she had just ingested/sniffed/shot up.*** She's been speeding through the books, watching Twilight/New Moon every night and reading all things Twilight online. Every day she has some new info/question about the books/movies/actors and I think it's fucking phenomenal... not just "borderline."

The reason her nickname is Demanda is because she's sometimes demanding..and I mean that in the sweetest way possible. She's not demanding in a bitchy way, more like in a funny way. Example:

Demanda: "Make me something to eat!"

Jaymes; "Um..... no!"

Demanda: "But you're closer to the kitchen than I am!"

Jaymes: "So not true!"

Demanda: (getting up and moving farther away from the kitchen!) "It's true now!"

Another nickname we have for her is "Mandatory" but that's just based on the fact that when any of our friends type the word "Manda" into our phones, it auto corrects it to "Mandatory"...so it's not as funny but is kind of true since life without Demanda would be dullsville. Hopefully you all enjoy her company as much as I do. She's pretty badass. Almost as much as this guy.

Who am I kidding? He IS badass. I'm just jealous of the poster.
***For the record, Demanda is very anti-drugs. She says she doesn't need them to act crazy...which is very true.

No comments: