Saturday, June 23, 2012

Gamers Gonna Game

Happy Saturdays lovelies! So today as I was sitting on my couch having breakfast and my morning coffee (at  11:30 a.m.) I looked around and saw something. Something good. Something I wanted to do that I hadn't done in a long time. Nobody was home. Could I do it? Did I even remember how? Did I have everything to pull it off? 



I wanted to play so badly but unfortunately I didn't have all of the equipment. I tried using cords from my dvd player but sadly nothing worked. Sure I tried pushing it to the back of my mind and dove into a good book but Mario kept taunting me... whispering "Jaaaaaymes, play me!" underneath his thick mustache. 

What a tease! 

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I got off my ass and decided that Walmart or Radio Shack HAD to have the adapter, because it was just a regular hook up. Apparently that was not the case. After going to Walmart and having an employee laugh at me and say, "Yeah, try looking on line," the brilliant idea came to me. 


I'm going to go where the gamers go. 




I know you're thinking "Jaymes, this is a comic book store... " and yeah, I know, I'm not blind. But the game store here is a comic book store. I called and they had what I needed. I was tempted to ask them if they had any advanced copies of The Avengers or cardboard cutouts of Tom Hiddleston as Loki (that's another post for another time) but I didn't. I went in, got what I needed, noticed I was the only girl in there and got out safely with what I needed. 


I was ready to play.


and I did. 

And still am. 
.
.
.
.
.
Sorry, had to pause writing to play another level. Anyway, Demanda and I decided we're going to have some tourneys around the house but she had to bust off to do the unknown for a bit again today so it was going to have to be postponed. When she left the house, I was on the couch playing a game. I managed to stop, make some dinner, do some cleaning and watch an old episode of Vampire Diaries but now she's back and I'm in the same spot I was when she left. I can't tell you the amount of stress we're under trying to play this damn game. We're yelling, we're kicking up our legs like we're fighting off crazy bees and truthfully it's getting out control. Someone come save us, please. My hands have turned to claws and I'm pretty sure I'll be dreaming of sewer pipes and turtles.


This blog post didn't really have a point, it's more just a cry for help. 









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on my way.

sassykassie1 said...

Were you playing an actual supernintendo??? Please tell me you were playing Super Mario World, pretty please!! I was literally just playing that a couple days ago and beat about 90 levels #awesomepartyofone seriously though I HAD to play... for no reason other than I just HAD TO!

I'll come over and bring my shoe box full of games! I've got everything! Super Mario World, Mario Cart, Batman, bomber man, Donkey Kong... even stupid shit like pool, Clue, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy(with severely outdated questions/responses lol)... fun times!

PS: If you're playing regular nintendo and your game of choice is duck hunt I will literally cry... I wanna play duck hunt soooo bad. I love that crazy dog in it :)

Demanda said...

Game on!

Dangrdafne said...

I wanna play too!!

I remember playing Mortal Combat with my friend and we literally almost had Mortal Combat in her living room. We pushed on each other, yelled, hit each other, it was hilarious.

And I don't even like/play video games that much. Hmmm maybe I know why LOL!!